Sunday, March 9, 2008

CLINICAL: Expectations

*Note to all of my blog readers. As a part of my major, I get the opportunity to do 'Clinical Hours'. This is where I spend 30 hours in a Family and Consumer Science classroom and have certain assignments like teaching a mini lesson, a bulletin board, helping with classroom management etc. I have to post my observations and the things I see on my blog for my Professor to see, thus why I am putting it up here. Feel free to read and enjoy, but just know, that is why im posting this!

EXPECTATIONS:

I start my clinical hours tomorrow morning at Union Middle School. I am excited/nervous about going. I will be working with Mrs. Dazely. This will be fun for me because Union is where I went to middle school, so it will be fun to go back to my middle school and view things from a teachers point of view. In speaking with Mrs. Dazely on the phone, she has told me that they will be doing some food labs during my time there. I am excited about this because foods is something I am really interested in teaching so I am interested to see how she makes it all work! She seems very laid back and excited to get a clinical teacher from Utah State! I believe tomorrow I will just observe or grade papers and things and just kinda get the understanding of what all goes on in the different classes she teachers. After that we can sit down and discuss what she would like me to teach about and what bulletin board she would like me to make for her classroom. Anyway, wish me luck! Ill let you know all about it tomorrow afternoon!

1 comments:

Owen and Teresa Denison said...

Wonderful introduction. Tell us all about it. Watch the students and tell us about what you see with management, discipline, and teaching techniques. Reflect on how you would use the things you see or if you would. How did the kids react, and did your expectations of what would happen comes about. Have fun and report back all.