Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bad Egg


I guess it was bound to happen sometime. I have always had great luck with roommates- I guess I just got lucky!! I would always listen to other people complain about their crazy roomies and the things they do, but generally, mine have been the cream of the crop! This summer I moved down to Provo and instead of my OWN bedroom which I have had the pleasure of enjoying the past 2 years I decided I could share. Its cheaper, and I will really never be home except to sleep. Now, dont get me wrong, my roommate is a very nice girl just totally inconsiderate. Here is my list of bothersome things she does-

Flips the light on in the morning when she is gettting ready. HI!! Its like 7 in the morning and the sun is already blaring in here. You do not, I repeat DO NOT need the light on now, you can see everything very clearly.


While we are on the subject, she likes to open the blinds!! NOT necessary!! Because remember, she can already see as much as she needs to!

Saturday morning I wake up to her typing away on her laptop. LAPTOP= PORTABLE!!!! Does she not get this? She was just sitting up in her bed typing away at something! Morning- yes, you!!! Nobody is in the front room, why dont you take your laptop in there and type to your hearts content where nobody is sleeping?!

Oh yes, one more thing- the other day I took a quick power nap before work. She came in, turned the light on, saw I was asleep and turned it off (wow, amazing she could do it then but not in the morning) and sits on her bed to play solitare!! SOLITARE!! Once again, take it to the front room!! Where people are not sleeping! And she leaves the door to our bedroom wide open so then I can hear every conversation going on in the front room.

As you can see im quite annoyed. She honestly just doesnt even notice she does these things. I dont get it, I really dont. But im glad I could get it off my chest to share with you fine people!

8 comments:

Amy said...

The beautiful thing about getting married is that you only have one roommate and most likely you love them, so you don't mind when they do things, and if the things they do begin to bug you, you can actually talk to them about it! You could always get up and go sleep in the living room, maybe then she'd get it.... but that might cause too much drama.

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

Ugh, SO ANNOYING! Ha I, like you, get extremely bugged when people disturb my sleep in the morning or during a nap when it is not necessarly. It is nice being married... Poor you, kick her trash, who is that ridiculous without doing it on purpose? She must be a morning person... ugh

Unknown said...

ahhh roomies...we should trade stories. I have some doozies!

Noelle said...

i'll fight her.

emily said...

dang. i was usually pretty lucky, but did have a few werid-o's here and there. it makes life interesting - or in your case, inconvenient. good luck!

Niederfam said...

Ummm...I'm sorry, but for what it's worth you totally made me laugh. Some people just don't get it, and you know what they probably never will, lucky for you, it's fairly minor annoyances, but a good story and you'll be back with the Aggies, sooner than later. HANG IN THERE...LOL..

Jewls said...

Oh man...this picture totally cracks me up! Sorry about the lame roomie...probably makes you miss the Snow 405 days...those were sure some great times!!

Erin Page said...

Haha! I loved reading this! I myself have had some crazy roommates and I understand how you are feeling! You will make it through Em...and remember...pretty soon you will have the best roommate of all... ;)