Sunday, September 28, 2008

General Relief Society Broadcast



Last night, my roommates and I attended the General Relief Society Broadcast! As, always we were not let down!

We heard wonderful messages from the Relief Society Presidency. I am so happy that I belong to the largest and greatest organization of women on Earth. I love what Sister Beck said about our roles in the and that we are to organize, teach, and inspire.

Sister Allred gave a wonderful talk about temples. I am so inspired by stories like the one she shared. Some people gave all they had to travel from Costa Rica to the Mesa, Arizona temple! I can see a temple out my window right now! I am so grateful for Temple and the wonderful ordincances that take place inside and that soon I will get to do more than just baptisms! What a wonderful place it is, and I need to be better at using it more! I live so close, I can go!

Sister Thompson spoke of the need of others. They are all around us. She told us to live so that others will knwo that we love our Heavenly Father. I surely do, and I hope others around me can see that in me. We are here to learn, grow, and nourish the good.

I especially loved President Uchtdorf's talk. I thought it was so appropriate. I hear so many women say that they are not good enough or that they could have done more- when they are doing their best already! He said that sometimes the sisters under-value their abilities. I especially loved his food analogy! I wonder what his fried eggs taste like... ha ha ha. He told us all that we should create- everyone can create things that are beautiful. My favorite quote from his talk would be, "It is not the number of prayers we say, but the number of prayers we help answer".

I hope many of you had the chance to listen and learn as I did!

2 comments:

Niederfam said...

NICE.......I almost added to my Saturday night that I did make it home in time to put the boys to bed and watch the rebroadcast of the meeting, I LOVE living in "zion" and having perks like kbyu tv........it was good, and I agree, it was a great meeting, with a powerful message, about women and what they can and will do!!!!

Niederfam said...

NICE.......I almost added to my Saturday night that I did make it home in time to put the boys to bed and watch the rebroadcast of the meeting, I LOVE living in "zion" and having perks like kbyu tv........it was good, and I agree, it was a great meeting, with a powerful message, about women and what they can and will do!!!!