Thursday, September 25, 2008

In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning


Thursday mornings I have to be to work at 7am to open up the computer lab. Ugh.......

It makes me think back to the times in middle or high school when I would be up and in the shower by 6am. HOW DID I DO THAT?! Perhaps more important-WHY did I do that? It does make me feel a little better know that I met Zack in high school that me putting effort into looking pretty and perfect for high school boys at least paid off for something :)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. 7am. Early. Tired.

I have chosen to be a teacher. Which means that I will have to be to school by 7am- maybe even earlier!! The fact that getting out of bed to be here right now and all I did was put on a sweatshirt and jeans concerns me.

Can I really do this? Teachers get up early!

I just keep telling myself that when I am a teacher, I prob won't be going to sleep at 12:15am. I cant wait to have a 10pm bed time.

Bring it on.

Until then, 7am and I are still bitter enemies.

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

Are you kidding?! I'd love to be able to sleep until 7 a.m. On workdays, I'm at work at 6:39 a.m. Our alarm rings at 5:28...and remember, my husband's a teacher!

But yes, having a 10 p.m. bedtime is key. There's no way we could do this any other way. Please, we can barely do it now!

Niederfam said...

TRUE.......just wait, 7AM will SOMEDAY feel like sleeping in, gotta love CHILDREN!!!!! And yes, bedtime is and always will be KEY.

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

10 PM bedtime what? ha jk I do go to bed earlier now I'm married. 12 is late for us now where 2 or 4... was normal when we were engaged! Its just more fun to go to bed early, then you get used to it I guess! 7 AM is early though but I dont feel bad because you are going to be a teacher, best hours in the world! Youre off early and have your whole summer off with still getting a years worth of money (yeah I know its not great money but for having 3 months off, its not too shabby!!) So I'm jealous of that part!

Nicole said...

Yeah, I'm still sleeping then...until Molly is up at 7:30. But I know the song that goes with the title of this post...sleepless in seattle! ha ha

Amy said...

Good news Em. My contract hours aren't until 7:30 at the school that I'm at, so it's possible you wont have ridiculous hours. However something magical happened the day I got married. I could fall asleep early. I could never go to bed before midnight before we got married but now I am rarely awake after 11. Really, it all evens out eventually.